compensation: Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid parental leave, and domestic partners policy. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Self-Help Federal Credit Union is seeking a customer service focused Contact Center Specialist to work with our dynamic Contact Center Team. If you are a person who has passion for delivering professional, exceptional service to our members, we invite you to apply. Successful candidates must have excellent listening skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, passionate about providing excellent member service, enjoys working in a fast pace environment providing solutions, products and services to meet our member’s needs.
We strive to provide exceptional service to our members, communities and colleagues. Excellent customer service is at the heart of our Contact Center Specialists and work closely with other team members to provide outstanding service to our members by answering questions, handling complaints, and troubleshooting problems with our products and services. Contact Center handles a high volume of inbound calls, outbound calls, and e mails and strives to create a positive experience for each member.
• Answer incoming calls and take appropriate action for each call professionally and accurately.
• Perform basic account maintenance activities. Perform duties and responsibilities with members’ satisfaction as number one priority while following department and credit union policy.
• Engage in active listening, identify members’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions. Escalate unresolved problems; ensuring that member feels supported and valued. Follow up on complaint/question status, ensure resolution.
• Assist members with any online or mobile banking questions, and escalate any issues to management appropriately.
• Understand and strive to meet or exceed personal goals and contact center metrics while providing excellent consistent member service.
• Make recommendations for products or services that may better suit member’s needs.
• Adhere to credit union and department policies and procedures. Stay updated on product and company policy changes.
• Collaborate with contact center team members, branch staff, and other departments to ensure overall member satisfaction. Build professional and teamwork relationships with contact center team members based on trust and reliability.
• Utilize software, scripts, reports and tools appropriately.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
• Strong understanding of cultural competency
• Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
• Exceptional member service, active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
• Maintaining a professional attitude in challenging situations.
• Strong work ethic and self-starter, and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
• Min. 2 year experience in financial institution or min. 2 year experience in contact center environment.
• Proficient in relevant computer applications. Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly.
• Good data entry/keyboard skills – must type a minimum of 50 wpm. A typing test will be administered at the interview.
• Bilingual English – Spanish Fluency preferred
• High School or equivalent experience
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, religion (and lack thereof), family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition and/or disability: physical or mental, AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, political activities or affiliations, and veteran status.
About Self-Help Federal:
Self-Help Federal Credit Union was chartered in 2008 to build a network of branches that serve working families and underserved communities. With 17 branches in California, 9 branches in Illinois, and 1 branch in Wisconsin, over $1 billion in assets, and serving more than 74,000 members, Self-Help Federal is one of the fastest-growing low-income designated credit unions in the country. It is part of the national Self-Help family of non-profit organizations whose collective mission is to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all. For 38 years, the Center for Community Self-Help and its affiliates have provided $8.5 billion in financing to help over 158,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources. For more information, go to www.self-helpfcu.org and www.self-help.org.